When it comes to olive oil, we only aim for the best. JOOP is synonymous with excellence and fairness, granted by an internationally recognized panel of jurors. Participating oils are selected based on blind tasting procedures and in full accordance with the EU regulations.
Registrations open until March 31st, 2019
In order to ensure a fairer award attribution based on the overall quality of the oils, “JOOP” prize will be awarded by a point-based decimal system between 8,00 (minimum) and 10,00 (maximum). Oils will be competing in the following categories: Organic, Blend, Monocultivar, P.D.O. and P.G.I.
The prizes will be awarded as follow:
The announcement of the winners and the award ceremony shall take place on April 12, 2019, in Tokyo in front of media, Institutional Representatives, olive oil experts and consumers.
The Winners list will be published on JOOP official webpage and Facebook page on April 15, 2019, at 2 pm (Japan time)
● Trophy (Best in Class)
● Stickers for the product’s packaging “Winner of JOOP Japan Olive Oil Prize 2019” (Best in Class, Gold e Silver)
● Certification for the prize winners (Best in Class, Gold e Silver)
● Certificates of excellence for oils with distinctive qualities (high polyphenols content and other special mentions)
● Best of Country for the oil with the highest score from each country
● For Best in Class and Gold, participation at the trade show ACCI Gusto, Tokyo (November)
● For Best in Class and Gold, promotion and sale event in a department store in Tokyo (spring and fall sessions)
● For Best in Class, article in a specialized magazine
● For Best in Class and Gold, road show to introduce winner oils to Japanese distributors
The 6th edition of JOOP Japan Olive Oil Prize was held on April 8-12, 2018, in Tokyo. In a course of 4 days, a panel of judges chose the winners through a blind tasting.
The initiative, promotion and celebration of olive oil, was structured in two main parts:
Professional Seminars, where participants have had the chance to deepen their knowledge on olive oil production areas, processes and history, was held on April 9th and 10th.
The announcement of winners took place during the final event of Japan Olive Oil Prize (JOOP) on April 11th at Fratelli Paradiso in Omotesando Hills.
Six among the world top certified sensorial experts from different countries announced the winners of the 2018 edition of JOOP, before holding a tasting demonstration on how to distinguish a defective olive oil from a high-quality one and combine them within everyday dishes. A fresh “olive oil based lunch”, garnished with the winning oils followed.
Please visit the link below for JOOP 2018 Award Ceremony & Reception Party!